Labiaplasty & Vaginal Rejuvenation
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Serving Manhattan, New York City & Nearby NY
Labiaplasty and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation can address cosmetic and functional concerns in this area. The appearance and performance of this part of the body can change due to aging, pregnancy, and childbirth. Genetics can also play a role, such as in cases of asymmetry.
To learn more about your options for finding relief from discomfort and reshaping or refreshing the vaginal area, call 646-603-0579 to schedule a private, complimentary consultation with double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Joshua B. Hyman. Depending on your goals for treatment, Dr. Hyman may recommend labiaplasty, non-surgical rejuvenation, or a combination of procedures.
This surgical procedure reshapes the labia minora, which are the skin folds inside the hair-bearing labia majora. Labia naturally come in many shapes and sizes. Some women have labia minora that extend below the labia majora on one or both sides. While extended labia minora do not pose a threat to your health, some women experience pain, discomfort, or self-consciousness due to large or lax labia.
Reasons to Have Labiaplasty
If the size or appearance of your labia is interfering with your ability to live your best life, this surgical procedure may be a good solution. Labiaplasty can provide relief from common concerns reported by patients, including:
- Discomfort resulting from the twisting of the labia
- Pain during intercourse, exercise, or other activities
- Inability to comfortably wear form-fitting clothing or bathing suits
What is the Labiaplasty Procedure?
Dr. Hyman will customize your labiaplasty based on your treatment goals and anatomy. The two most common types of labiaplasty are:
- Trim – The trim procedure involves the removal of extra tissue resulting in labia minora that are even with the outer labia. This technique typically removes the darkest part of the labia, which is a cosmetic goal of the treatment for many patients.
- Wedge – The wedge procedure removes a V-shaped section of tissue on both sides. The edges are then sewn together. This approach can deliver more aesthetic results around the clitoris but typically does not remove the darkest parts of the labia.
Am I a Candidate for Labiaplasty?
When you meet Dr. Hyman for a consultation, he will listen to your goals for treatment in order to determine the best approach for getting the results you want. If your main concern is reducing the length of the labia minora and you are in good overall health, you may be a good candidate. If you have other concerns, Dr. Hyman will discuss alternative surgical or non-surgical treatment options.
Over a woman’s life, hormonal changes can cause unwanted and uncomfortable changes in the vaginal area. Pregnancy and childbirth can change the appearance and function of this area, as well. This may include chronic dryness, irritation, pain with intercourse, and urinary symptoms.
Non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation can be an effective way to reduce discomfort and improve your quality of life. Vaginal rejuvenation is approached in a couple of ways. Two common treatments are:
- Radiofrequency (RF) rejuvenation – RF treatments strategically heat tissue to improve vaginal laxity, sexual satisfaction, and urinary incontinence symptoms.
- Laser rejuvenation – The goal of laser vaginal rejuvenation is to stimulate collagen production in the tissues of the vagina. The laser is used to create microlesions, which, though not visible, prompt a regenerating response that continues over the following weeks.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation in New York City
Whether you seek relief from uncomfortable symptoms or want to address cosmetic concerns in the vaginal area, there are safe, effective options available. As a highly skilled and experienced surgeon with a passion for improving the lives of his patients, Dr. Hyman consistently delivers beautiful results. Call us at 212-517-5157 to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Hyman.