Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Serving Manhattan, New York City & Nearby NY
A facelift (rhytidectomy) can help you achieve a refreshed and more youthful facial appearance. This procedure addresses signs of aging across the face by tightening muscles and smoothing wrinkles. For comprehensive facial rejuvenation, a facelift can be done along with an eyelid lift or a brow lift.
Dr. Joshua Hyman is a double board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and a relentless passion for patient satisfaction. Your initial consultation will involve an in-depth discussion of your goals for treatment. This allows Dr. Hyman to develop a customized plan to bring your vision into reality. Call us at 646-603-0579 to schedule your free consultation.
Benefits of a Facelift
As you age, your skin and tissues change. The loss of skin elasticity is a major contributor to signs of aging like sagging skin, wrinkles, and drooping. Sun damage and stress also take a toll on your delicate facial skin over time.
A facelift can address changes caused by each of those factors. This procedure can restore a youthful look to your face by:
- Tightening facial muscles
- Restoring definition in the jaw and cheeks
- Eliminating or reducing wrinkles and lines
- Addressing loose skin
Dr. Hyman considers multiple factors when determining if you are a good facelift candidate. Depending on your treatment goals, he may recommend an alternative surgery or a non-surgical cosmetic procedure. Some general criteria for facelift candidacy include that you:
- Are a non-smoker or willing to completely abstain from smoking for a period of time before and after surgery
- Are in good overall health with no medical issues that interfere with your body’s ability to heal
- Have realistic expectations for the treatment
You and Dr. Hyman will discuss your goals for the procedure and your options for achieving your desired results. There are many approaches to facelifts, but most likely, you will have one of the following:
- Traditional facelift – This is the most common variant and involves an incision that starts at the temples, above the hairline. The incision continues around your ear to the lower scalp.
- Limited incision facelift – This version involves incisions in front of and under the ear only.
Your facelift procedure will be tailored specifically to you, though there are some standard elements that apply to all facelifts done by Dr. Hyman.
- Anesthesia – Dr. Hyman will recommend general anesthesia or sedation to keep you comfortable during your facelift.
- Incisions – After you are under anesthesia, Dr. Hyman will make the necessary incisions to be able to address your concerns. Once the work is done, your incisions will be closed.
- Surgery location – Dr. Hyman will perform your procedure in an accredited facility such as a hospital or his private ambulatory surgery facility.
Dr. Hyman will give you specific instructions for your recovery. It is important to adhere to his recommendations in order to have a smooth healing process and experience optimal results from the procedure.
After surgery, you will have dressings that Dr. Hyman will remove the following day. He will remove your sutures after five to ten days. Swelling and bruising generally diminish within two to four weeks. Typically, you can return to work after about two weeks.
Your final results will be visible within one to two months of the surgery, though strenuous activity and exposure to heat and sun should be avoided for several months. Your incision lines will fade within a year.
Contact Us Today for a Free Body Contouring Consultation
You deserve to feel beautiful in your body. Contact Joshua B. Hyman, M.D. today online or at 646-603-0579 for a free initial consultation. Our state-of-the-art facility in Manhattan serves women and men from across New York City and other nearby areas of New York.