Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Serving Manhattan, New York City & Nearby NY
Nose surgery, or rhinoplasty, can reshape your nose, helping you achieve a more balanced and symmetrical facial appearance. It can also correct structural issues with your nose that make it difficult for you to breathe.
For personalized recommendations from double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Joshua Hyman, call 212-517-5157 to schedule your complimentary rhinoplasty consultation in Manhattan.
Dr. Hyman understands that everyone has a unique aesthetic and takes special care to understand and achieve your desired outcome. He pairs his commitment to patient satisfaction with his knowledge and experience to consistently meet and exceed his patients’ expectations.
How Does a Breast Lift work?
If you are unhappy with sagging, pendulous breasts, you are likely a good candidate for a breast lift. Ideal breast lift candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Are at or near a healthy weight
- Are non-smokers
- Have breasts that look long, flat or pendulous
- Have nipples that are pointing downward or overlarge
- Have asymmetrical breasts
- Want to enhance the results of breast augmentation
This list is intended to be a general overview and by no means a substitute for meeting personally with Dr. Hyman in a free, no-obligation private consultation. During this crucial meeting, Dr. Hyman will work closely with you to understand your unique concerns and aesthetic goals. He will review your medical history and evaluate your physical condition. He will answer your questions, address your concerns and determine if a breast lift can realistically achieve your desired outcome.
Breast Lift Incisions and Scars
Dr. Hyman is experienced in a variety of mastopexy techniques. Depending on your specific situation, he may recommend one of the following surgical approaches:
- Donut lift: As the name may suggest, donut lifts, also called a periareolar lifts, involve a circular incision around the edge of the areola.
- Lollipop lift: The lollipop lift, or vertical lift, involves a circular incision around the areola and a vertical incision running from the areola to the breast crease (inframammary fold).
- Anchor lift: Anchor lifts involve three incisions and are primarily used for patients with severe sagging issues. The first incision is made around the edge of the areola, the second is made vertically from the areola to the breast crease and the third is made along the inframammary fold.
- Crescent lift: Crescent lifts involve a short incision made along the upper half of the areola. This technique is ideal for patients with only mild breast sagging.
No matter which breast lift technique is used by Dr. Hyman, he will ensure that your results are elegant and natural-looking and your scars are as discreet as possible. While some mastopexy incision methods, such as the crescent or periareolar options, are virtually unnoticeable by design, other scars can be easily concealed beneath a bra or bikini top. Creams and laser treatments are also available to help minimize your scars and enhance your beautiful results.
Breast Lift Recovery
Following the procedure, you will be given a soft, supportive bra to wear for the first week. A regular soft bra or sports bra without an under-wire should be worn for the following three weeks. Most sutures from the surgery will dissolve on their own. Mild to moderate swelling is normal and will make the breasts appear larger for the first couple of weeks after surgery. You are encouraged to walk the day after surgery, but heavy exercise should be avoided for four weeks.
Discuss Your Breast Lift for Free with Our Experienced Surgeon
Experienced breast lift surgeon Dr. Joshua B. Hyman is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. All procedures are performed in our on-site, AAAASF–accredited ambulatory center.
To learn how a breast lift can restore your confidence and youthful figure, please call Joshua B. Hyman, M.D. today at 212-517-5157 for a free initial consultation. Our luxurious, state-of-the-art facility in Manhattan welcomes patients from across New York City and other areas near New York.